Friday 23 January 2015

My 2015 Brit Award Predictions: Celebrity Culture

With the Brit Awards returning on Wednesday 25th February and the nominations for each category recently being released, I have decided that this week I will be doing my predictions of who I think will be securing an award. For the full list of nominations click here.


MASTERCARD BRITISH ALBUM: ED SHEERAN- 'X'
The world waited so long for the insanely talented Ed Sheeran to release new music and when 'X' was released I think we all may have weed a little bit. I can honestly say I love every song on this album and for this reason I think it will be Ed heading home with the award. 


BRITISH MALE SOLO ARTIST: ED SHEERAN
This is so tough for me to give one answer because I am generally torn between Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran however I am going to say Ed purely for the fact that 'X' was such a successful album last year. Although anything could happen and I would be happy if either of them won.
 

BRITISH FEMALE SOLO ARTIST: PALOMA FAITHI would love to see the award go to the lovely Ella Henderson because she has worked so incredibly hard in 2014. However I think the wonderful Paloma will snatch the award due to her chart topping catchy hits last year.



BRITISH GROUP: ONE DIRECTIONWithout a doubt I think that this award deserves to go to the boys. (I'm not being biased promise...). Their fourth album was an instant success and although they are against some other amazing groups I think it will be the boys who will take it home and be 'up all night' celebrating on the night. 



INTERNATIONAL FEMALE SOLO ARTIST: SIA
wow this is such a strong category! I really want Taylor Swift to win because she is incredible and prefect in every single way however Sia is just as talented and throughout 2014 she has brought a lot of attention to herself. Her music is absolutely sensational and her music videos are so artistic and so I think we could Sia take home the award. 


INTERNATIONAL GROUP: 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER5sos 'don't stop'! They have swarmed just about every country in the last year and have managed to build them selves quite the fan base globally. It think it would mean so much for the lads to win this award and be properly recognized for their music.


BRITISH SINGLE: MARK RONSON FT BRUNO MARS-UPTOWN FUNKThis was a tough one to choose because there are so many fantastic songs nominated but I think that Uptown Funk will win due to its large impact on the charts at the end of the year and to this day it is still top of the UK charts after 6 weeks! However I think big contenders could be Ed Sheeran- Thinking Out Loud and Clean Bandit Ft Jess Glyne- Rather Be'. 

INTERNATIONAL MALE SOLO ARTIST: PHARRELL WILLIAMSPharrell has released lots of funky music in 2014 which has got us all dancing. I think its certain he would be very 'happy' if he won this award and he may even 'get lucky'. 

BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH ACT: SAM SMITH 
Sam Smith is 'not the only one' when it comes to breakthrough artists in 2014 but I think he will be bagging the award on the night. Sam is up for 5 nominations which is the most of any of the other nominees which indicates his success and he thoroughly deserves to win this award to add to his collection. Voting for this award can be done here.

BRITISH VIDEO: ONE DIRECTION- 'YOU AND I'Now I know this video realistically isn't the best video out of the other nominees but fortunately this award is voted for on Twitter and with the boys massive and very dedicated fan base it is quite clear who this award is most likely to go to. Voting is still open and can be done here.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks post and do excuse my bad puns, I have to use them somewhere right? ahaha. Look forward to a full post on The Brits in a few weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs