Friday 30 January 2015

Meghan Trainor: Celebrity Culture

Meghan Trainor broke into the music industry and made her grand arrival in 2014 with the chart smash and grammy nominated hit 'All About That Bass' and now she is preparing to release her debut album 'Title' in the UK and I can honestly say I am so so excited.


I have to say at first I found 'All About That Bass' quite irritating but you can't deny it has a great beat and it really is an up beat song which is permanently stuck in your head. Trainor has also recently released 'Lips Are Movin' as a single and this perfect pop song just makes me so happy.



I have already listened to a few songs from 'Title' and I am already obsessed particularly with 'Dear Future Husband'. I really just love the lyrics and I think there is a large gap in the market for Meghan's catchy feel good hits which get everyone singing. Title is set to debut at number 1 this Sunday in the UK and will knock Mark Ronson's album 'Uptown Special' off the top which will be a massive achievement for Trainor.

Meghan has also been lucky enough to write with the amazing Harry Styles and said: "I was worried he'd just be a 20-year-old boy. So I walked in with a prepared verse and chorus. Bur he gave me very poetic, mature lyrics. I was like, 'Well, damn Harry, you know what love is'." They wrote a song called 'London Lights' and I can't wait for it to be released because it is such a cute song. Meghan previewed in on Capital radio on the ukulele and it can be viewed here.

There's no doubt that we will be hearing a lot from Meghan in 2015 and I can't wait for her to release some great songs in time for Summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs